<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Emotional Day 

Perhaps I've lived inside the beltway too long, but today is an emotional day for me. I admit I woke up feeling nervous and wondering what it must be like to be John Kerry waking up today (or if he could even sleep at all)...

Throughout the day I've felt on edge, reading all the pre-debate analysis I can find. Actually, NDN's blog has some good comments from our members on the debate tonight. I thought Joby made a great point that John Kerry can occasionally come across as likeable. The example he used was when Kerry interrupted his stump speech to give an AIDs protester a shout out.

My dad was also trying to make me feel better today. He reminded me that in 2000 Bush was portrayed as so nimwitted, he had nowhere to go but up. On the contrary, this year he has been portrayed as a master of simple and effective polemics, so he has nowhere to go but down.

But darnitt, I still have butterflies!! I am really worried. And his bumbling, incomprehensible interview with Diane Sawyer last week gives me even more anxiety. Anyone else have words of comfort to throw out there before the big night or is everyone else as scared as I am?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com