<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 05, 2004

My 5 Stages of Grief 

I have been reading that many Democrats have equated the loss of this election to having a death in the family. I wanted to share with you my 5 stages of grief:

1) Denial happened election night - i fell asleep thinking I would wake up the next morning and they would tell me that Kerry had actually had won and it was not even close.
2) Anger stayed with me the entire day after. I actually saw a message on my phone from a moderate republican friend (but a very good friend who was probably calling to console me) and deleted it without even listening to it first.
3) Then bargaining set in. I bargained that maybe they'd find massive voter fraud in ohio, Kerry would withdraw his concession and they would reverse the decision. I bargained that however it was done we'd somehow find the 20,000 votes we needed in Ohio.
4) Then depression set in yesterday. I couldn't talk to anyone. I was back at my office but I couldn't write any consoling emails to anyone including my family and friends. I couldn't turn on the TV or read any newspapers or analysis. I just wanted to be left alone to wallow in my misery (see post from yesterday).
5) Finally, I think i've found a certain level of acceptance. Honestly, I figure hey, this country voted for this guy, so we're just going to have to accept the consequences, and if it's really that bad, we'll win in 2008 and try to undo what we can. Life is cyclical. It ebbs and flows. All I can do is continue to fight for what's right, be a good person and better try to make people understand. I accept that half this country voted for the anti-christ. And that is okay.

But, I still can't really believe we elected this guy by 3 million votes.

Guess I'm still back to stage 1.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com