<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Hubbly Bubbly 

My sister-in-law just sent me this picture of my brother and his christmas present. Boy, it sure looks like he is getting the most out of the the apple tobacco I sent him!

I'm proud of him for hooking that thing up himself but I did try my best to give him good instructions. Here they are. Let me know if you have any suggestions:

Instructions for setting up Argeelah (hubbly bubbly):

1) Start your coals in a outdoor grill, fireplace or even directly on the stove. Make sure you have tongs to fish them out when they are red hot.
2) Fill glass base with water up to the first line (or 2/3 the way full). Do not overfill.
3) Fit metal shaft back on base. Make sure it fits snugly and is airtight. Getting the rubber stopper wet and twisting it on works well.
4) Attach your mouthpiece chord to the metal opening near the base of the shaft.
5) Put on ash catcher on top of the metal shaft. The ceramic bowl will go on top of that.
6) Place a small amount of sticky, flavored tobacco in the bowl. You only need a pinch of it.
7) Get a square piece of aluminum foil and place it over the bowl. Wrap the foil around the bowl, as to make it airtight. Poke about 10 holes in the foil with a toothpick or needle
8) When your coals are red-hot place 1-3 small coals on the foil and press them down on them a little.
9) It should take you about 3-4 sucks to get a good pull from the hose.Smoke until coals look burned out and then add new coals.

My brother and his wife will be here to visit for a week starting Friday, so I'll make sure they have many opportunities to brush up on their hubbly technique. Posted by Picasa

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com