<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, May 12, 2006

Tahoe 

It's been a busy couple of weeks. The good news is that I'm finally over my seasonal affective disorder as it has actually been sunny outside!

So last weekend a bunch of us went to Tahoe for one of the last skiable weekends before it gets too warm.

I was feeling okay about the trip because I was in the Ski Club in high school and I mistakenly thought it would be a good idea to go skiing for the first time in 10 years with crazy Kirstin, Xenia and Chris.

Not so much.

Moreoever, I learned how to ski at Devil's Head in Wisconsin. We went to Squaw in Tahoe. Devil's Head's Black Diamond run is like Squaw's bunny hill. It isn't even the same sport.

Needless to say, it was scary and I fell a lot (for those that know me well this is no surprise). I have spent the last week recovering and bruise watching (9 in total). It's neat how bruises change colors from purple to blue to yellow.

I had a ton of fun though. And the coolest thing is you could practically ski in a T-shirt it was so warm out. I'm used to freezing in -20 degrees and spending half the day in the warming house. In Tahoe it was 55 degrees! Skiing in 55 degree weather is weird.

So in other news, tonight I'm heading to the Giant's game to hopefully see Barry Bonds break Babe Ruth's home run record. I've been told if I go to the game I'm not allowed to mention his steroid problems or do any other sort of Bond bashing, but that is going to be tough. I'll let you know how it goes...

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com