<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 11, 2006

Beautfiful Snow Covered...Amman?? 

The fast approaching holiday season reminded me of of a picture my friend Dima sent me last year soon after I left Amman, Jordan.

It's the view outside her window.

Beautiful huh? Not quite the yellow sand dunes most folks think of when picturing the middle east.

And here I am sitting here in 60 degree northern California. It's just not the same christmas without snow.

Christmas was actually pretty big in Amman. The population is around 10% Christian and they go big. Even the non-Christians seem to get into the spirit. My only disappointment with my Jordanian Christmas was that they only sell plastic christmas trees. Makes sense though in a place where water is such a commodity. But plastic trees suck.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com