<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I Feel... 

How cool is this website my friend created? (Click"open we feel fine," load the page, and start clicking on dots, squares, mounds, etc.). How does it do that? I have no idea.

According to the site description: The system searches the world's newly posted blog entries for occurrences of the phrases "I feel" and "I am feeling". When it finds such a phrase, it records the full sentence, up to the period, and identifies the "feeling" expressed in that sentence (e.g. sad, happy, depressed, etc.)... [and] the author can often be extracted and saved along with the sentence, as can the local weather conditions at the time the sentence was written.

Of course this guy is also the brains behind Google's personalized search, but even so, I still feel impressed. (now I'm off to search for my quote particle).

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com