<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Underwater Treasure Hunt 

My friend Ali and the sister company of my old events company iJordan is hosting this amazing underwater treasure hunt next summer in Aqaba, Jordan where I used to dive at least once a month.

I'm so jealous I won't be there for this especially since Ali is the one who first taught me how to dive.

I've heard they do these regularly in Dubai but Aqaba's diving is sooo much better then Dubai's. Since I came back from Jordan I've learned much more about diving. Well, mostly I've learned that I was SPOILED to learn how to dive in the Red Sea. It is some of the best diving in the world (and Aqaba especially is one of the best kept diving secrets).

It really hit home how much I took Aqaba for granted when I tried to go diving in northern California a couple months ago. Before that I'd had only amazing dives in Aqaba, Jordan; Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt and even dove with 22 foot manta rays in Thailand.

So I was itching to get underwater again and people kept telling me about Monterey diving. They said I would see these beautiful kelp forrests.

I was really excited so I drove down there for the weekend, and basically it was a lie.

I paid $150 to swim through a murky pile of seaweed in like 15 degree water. It was challenging too there was a ton of surf. The guy told me he was surprised what a good diver I was though so that made my day.

But I know I'm pretty good. After all, I was taught from the best: Thank you Divemaster Ali. Can I come to your treasure hunt please?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com